13 June 2015

On Obedience to God + An Update!

Hello! *taps microphone* Is this thing even on? Heh, hiii! Yes I know I haven't blogged in what seems to be about a century or so, and I really don't have an excuse except for the fact that 1) I wasn't sure what I wanted to talk about and 2) I just haven't been feeling it. You know? So anyways here I am. I think Voyageuse Africaine is taking a different turn. I don't want to write just about myself but rather what God is doing to and around me. I've battled with this for quite a while, between what I wanted for my blog and what God wanted for my blog.




But if I am a [part of a] chosen generation, a holy nation, people belonging to God, then I must declare forth the praises of Him who has called me out of the darkness into His marvelous light! (1 Peter 2:9) Basically what's going to be happening around here is fist pumping for Jesus, clapping all around and just *hands raised* emoji because of Jesus. 

So I guess maybe I'll start from where we sort of left off. I traveled to Ghana sometime in April and it was AWESOME! I love being home. On my way back, I transited through Lagos and Kigali. Well Lagos was just a pick up not actual transit. That was 3 take offs and 3 landings just to get home to my momma. I don't quite remember on which part of the journey that there was horrible turbulence as we were taking off but I was  939108261% done with the pilot! I started freaking out, breaking out into cold sweat and praying it up in the cabin because I just wasn't having any of it.

 Then a still small voice said "Don't you trust Me? Relax!" Or something like that. I was likeee Lord You got it! You are my shield and my fortress. So from that point on I was just chilling. But it was SO profound for me because REALLY upon all the prayer I had prayed concerning my trip I was still freaking out, as if Yahweh doesn't hear the prayers of His children or doesn't answer them. As if I could save myself by freaking out 984873792917176378382 above the ground. So that was the first time I think I had heard that still small voice. It came out of nowhere and completely calmed me. 

I got to Kigali in one piece praise God, and jumped back onto another plane to take me home. I was seated next to a gentleman who could easily be  the age of my father. I read the in flight magazine, closed my eyes and relaxed for take off and then read a bit of Chronicles I think. Then I had a strong conviction to tell this man that Jesus loved him. Once again I started freaking out because I didn't know what I was going to say, or how I was going to say it! Yall I put it off till the cabin crew served us dinner and drinks. I knew I couldn't allow myself to get off this plane without telling this man that Jesus loved him.  I finished drinking my apple juice, and at this point I'm pretty much the most nervous person ever. Then I decided to tell him and this is how the conversation went:

"Excuse me sir, are you getting down in Nairobi or are you continuing to Entebbe?"
"I'm getting down in Nairobi, and you?"
"Oh me too! *pause* I just wanted to let you know that Jesus loves you!"
He chuckles 
"And how do you know that?"
"I just do!"
I can't remember what he said right after that but it was all good in the hood because he was a Christian! He even asked me whether my parents and I were saved. 

I was like LORD YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!!!! LIKE WOW WOW WOW LORD SO IN AWE OF YOU RIGHT NOW! *insert mental fist pumps* *tears rolling down cheeks* *clapping more than necessary*

We had an awesome conversation like really awesome and when we got to Nairobi he made sure I had a seat in the bus that took us to the arrivals hall and the correct form to fill out and everything! Such a blessing. I didn't get to say bye to him as I exited the airport. Lesson learnt? Sometimes it's really hard to obey God because we're frightened but I read in this book that said OBEDIENCE IS WORSHIP. AND awesome things occur when we obey God! Much wow. Such in awe! 

There's approximately nothing I can boast of myself because I was so nervous but God gave me the strength to tell this really nice man about Jesus. And even better he was already saved.  I can only boast of God and His goodness and faithfulness. 

I hope you've been great! Sorry not sorry for the hiatus. Prayers would be really appreciated as university is approaching and I'm just kind of sitting here like *side eye* *cringe*

Has God ever asked you to do something that felt really uncomfortable? I'd love to hear all about it! I have a lot to share with you guys :)

It is for freedom that Christ has set you free. Stand firm then, and do not allow yourself to be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1


Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall