4 March 2015

An Open Letter to my John-John!

 Hi hi! Sorry for being a tad bit MIA but yea laptop problems up in here. ANYWAY. So if you've been following this little blog of mine for a bit, you'd know that I *used* to volunteer at this babies home, and I basically fell in love with baby John! If you need to refresh ya memory, click here. So John turned 1 in February, but by then he had already been adopted so *cue tears up in here* So here's a little letter I wrote to / for my sweet baby boy even though he may never see this... *CUE MORE TEARS*

Hi sweetie! Hi handsome! Hi John-John! I MISS YOU. I thank God for your precious life and I thank God for giving you a second chance at life baby boy! Even though I'm so ecstatic about your adoption and your new family, a tiny part of me is sad because I won't get to see your beautiful smile, hug you, deal with your shenanigans or watch you grow sweetie. But know that I'm praying for you and your family.

LOL I'm tearing up as I write this. But yes, I pray that you come to know Jesus Christ at a young age and I pray you serve God for ALL your days on this Earth. John-John, know that you are LOVED. By God, your Heavenly Father, by me, and my everyone at New Life. Sweetums, I can't believe you're ONE. A whole year? WHAT EVEN?

 I remember the first day I met you, you were taking an afternoon nap and you smelt all baby-like and my heart basically melted. SMH at the fact that you didn't even stir, much less wake up when I picked your up. UGH. And now you're probably walking and being a joy and learning how to say "mama" and OH MY GOSH WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING BABY. Like who gave you permission to grow up?! I thank God for the season that He put you in my life for. I LOVE YOU. SO MUCH. it hurts smh. John-John + Norkz 4eva. Basically and pretty much.

I still regret not going to see you every day even though I was told that you'd be leaving soon. UGH I WISH I COULD HUG YOU ONE MORE TIME. And ruffle your hair thats in the same haircut as mine.  Love you forever and always!
Norkor.

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18 (COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT) oh my gosh i cant deal rn.
Have you ever volunteered at a children's home and fallen in love with one of them? YALL. I wanna hear about it. It's crazy and heartbreaking at the same time.

You May Have Missed
On Grace
Tee & Coco's Prayer Challenge
Thankful Thursdays
Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook

6 comments

  1. This is so beautiful and thoughtful. I've never volunteered at a children's home, but I am sure that the mixture of pain and joy must be overwhelming! I hope that he finds love and support throughout his life, and that you continue to live with such an open heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norkor. This is so beautiful!! *i say as i wipe away just a couple of tears*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Saherrr! *hands you a quick kleenex* *blows nose* *smiles sheepishly*

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by Ms. Ladonna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Ms. Sara thank you so much! It is so overwhelming. Your kind words were much needed!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall