21 March 2015

8 Ways In Which A Floral Design Course Changed My Life














Hiiiiiii! Long time no seee. How are you doing? Yall. I'm the busiest bee as of right now, I need the Lord to give me some strength up in here cuz lets be real, I have approximately none of my own. Who knew attempting to run a small business would be so hard? Who knew you could almost have an emotional breakdown bc of stress and general exhaustion on the side of the road because your bus didn't stop at your stop? w0w. ANYWAYS. It's all good. God is good and He has sustained me so its all thumbs up around here!


I had my 7th (WHERE HAS TIME GONE) floral design lesson this week. Remember when I first mentioned it? I think it was on instagram. But woah time has flown. I've learnt so much so here are 8 Ways In Which A Floral Design Course Changed My Life!


  • I now wake up early! Long gone are the days of sleeping in till 10. When class starts at 8ish (we're on African time), best believe your girl is up at 7-7:30 to get ready for this fist-pump worthy of a class.
  • Naming flowers is basically my 9-5 job! Plz get at me. Just kidding. Please dont. But on the realz, I can name quite a few flowers so that's pretty shweet.
  • Our house ALWAYS has flowers. It is a problem? Yes. Do we care? Nah boo! As I write this, there are two completely different arrangements just chillin' and illin'.
  • I'm always dreamily looking out the car window at flower vendors and the flowers they're selling. Like mhhhm. Those purple roses / sunflowers / lillies / gladiolas are calling my name (LOL TOLD YOU I COULD NAME THEM #noflexzone)
  • I never want to leave florist shops. For an assignment, I had to get some flowers and some floral foam to make an buffet arrangement (holla at your girl) and that florist shop. YO. I was in my happy place. I did not want to leave. It was so beautiful.
  • I'm forever taking photographs of flowers. Like oh, working on a flatlay? Let me just throw in a quick lily in there.. no big deal.
  • I've learnt so much about flower arrangement maintenance that I can't STAND murky vase water. LIKE WHY IS THE WATER LOOKING GREEN?? Better dump that out real quick and refill it like yesterday. Thanks. And while you're at it could you like, get rid of those almost dead leaves. Yea thanks.
  • I feel like my eyes are more open to God's awesomeness and creativity. LIKE. He designed these flowers. Every single one of them. How amazing is that? I appreciate that.
Here are some more photographs for your viewing pleasure! 




















PS - Have you checked out the shop and followed it on instagram? If yes,*sticks gold star on your forehead lovingly* if nah then you better get to it! And while you're at it, order something for yourself! 

You May Have Missed:
Voyageuse Africaine : The Boutique
The Kente & Khanga Network
An Open Letter to my John-John!

Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path - Psalms 119:105


Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook

7 comments

  1. That's so cool that you're taking a floral design class! Your pictures are so pretty they make me want to learn how to arrange flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve of this post. I have always wanted to take a floral design class and now I'm convinced! I just HAVE to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAIT. Why am I crying right now?! Ahhhhhh I can't. You go so hard for flowers, one can only respect it. Plz get at me. Nah boo. #noflexzone. Please don't ever stop being you. Now lemme go pin all theeeeessseeee XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLLY!!! CAN U STOP MAKING ME TEAR UP. ALL I COULD DO WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENTS WAS PUT MY HANDS ON MY HEAD IN DISBELIEF. YOU ARE MY FAVORITE. I LITERALLY DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITH YOUR TEAR-INDUCING, HYENA-HOWL WORTHY COMMENTS. much wow. such yes. You are gr8. #noflexzone INDEED.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allie you literally have to like yesterday! Let me know when you do so we can just be sharing tips and tricks up in heree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Akinyemi ツ27 March 2015 at 01:13

    The pictures are soo pretty and I'm so jealous of you! I absolutely love flowers too!

    https://maryakinyemi.wordpress.com/2015/03/11/spring-is-coming/

    I'm glad you're allowing God to hold and shape you. Keep up the good fight of faith, girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. there are s many beautiful flowers are there, I can only name a few. I have noticed the increasing amount of photos of flowers on your instagram. I'm loving' it, not gonna lie. These photos are gorgeous. You are doing an excellent job representing your shop and creating an online present for it. It not easy work, but it is fun. It neat to see God more clearly in the everyday things. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall