17 December 2014

On Intentionality





So apparently its December and I'm halfway (ish) through my gap year. I've honestly been feeling like I've accomplished approximately -384.4820 things on my to-do-over-this-gap-year list. Why am I pretending like I'm on summer break and sleeping in and not going to "work" is acceptable? Like who do I even think I am? I'm genuinely confused.

So today was one of those *ahem* sleep in days and I felt horrible because srsly what are you even doing with yourself Norkor. ugh.I decided that from TOMORROW, I'm going to be intentional about everything I need to do. I'm done sleeping in when people are out there pursuing Jesus intentionally, chasing their dreams and just TRULY living life. Sleeping is so 5 months ago aka summer break.

I spent a nice chunk of the afternoon outside on the porch because it was nice and sunny. I ended up doing some artsy fartsy stuff to motivate myself. I didn't want to say I'd start being intentional when 2015 rolls around because then I'd continue to give myself an excuse to sleep in and do nothing.

SO. I'm going to be intentional about:
 - spending time with God, praying, reading the Bible, meditating. 
 - Going to volunteer at New Life every morning!
 - Eating right and working out. THIS ONE IS THE HARDEST.

I'm sure this list can grow but that's all I have for now. Is there anything YOU want to start being intentional about? I want to know about yo. Fah real. ALSO. Casual reminder that you are loved. Mhm.

Surrender yourselves entirely as slaves of righteousness for holy purposes. - Romans 6:19

You May Have Missed:

6 comments

  1. I love this! It's so easy to just get in a habit and not think about it. I definitely want to be more intentional about school and learning to learn, not just to get good grades.

    xo,
    Zoe | La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely eating right and working out. I get excited and suddenly I'm on a healthy lifestyle high for like 11 days thennn...womp. Oh yes also school (I'm a super senior in undergrad and I still haven't mastered the 4.0.) But definitely definitely quiet time with God. Idk why He is so faithful to me =/

    So you're photography is phenomenal! I mean seriously you can make a pair of scissors look breathtaking. I admire your conviction in feeling lazy, the fact that you feel convicted proves that the Holy Spirit is moving in you. Thank God for rest though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time goes by so fast, it true you have to be intentional to get things done. I'm a huge fan of lists and that's my way of mapping out what I want to on purpose do within a day. I actually have not made a to do list for my day, and sort of taken a break from an intense weekly to do list. My schedule has not been my own as of late, I had to be pretty flexible with it changing within minutes. Tomorrow, I hope to on purpose get a few blog post finished and begin to finish some Christmas gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intentionality is huge. It's so hard some days for me to realize that I should be working for my dreams, not just pretending like it's summer break too. I loved what you said about being intentional with spending time with God, volunteering and eating right and working out. Those are all amazing things to achieve! And you are on the right path, friend! Thank you for sharing this encouragement! I wish you all the best with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, another post on intentionality! It's so refreshing to come across a post that is so relatable.. and as you know - I just blogged about being intentional for the New Year also! I love your blog. You seem like such a genuine person and I'm excited to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall