30 December 2014

10 Thoughts I Had Whilst Watching Exodus













I'm honestly not a movie person. Sitting down to watch 2 hours plus of movie shenanigans is generally too much for me. But this holiday my fambam *read mother dearest* has been dragging me to the movie theatres and we ended up watching Exodus. I don't want to spoil it too much for anyone who hasn't seen it but here are some thoughts I had while watching it. Smh running commentary is necessary in all African-family-movie-watching activities.

1) Oh oquay Pharoah, you werq that winged eyeliner
2) Ughhh why is Moses so cute? Stop it Christian Bale?!/11
3) Smh Moses where ya staff at?
4) Oh I like her tattoos.. hella cute hella cute
5) Smh these sheep are so annoying like why are yall climbing this mountain in the rain?11
6) Wait. When does Abraham come in?
7) Oh wait nvm I know where we are chronologically.
8) Smh I need to go read Genesis and Exodus again.
9) Oh okay so these plagues are so horrible I can't even right now.
10) I never wanna be on God's bad side yo.


Its a generally good movie, but there were so many inaccuracies but I think I'll talk about that in a later post. Have you seen it? Are you planning on seeing it? Yes? No? Maybe?



And yet, I am the God who forgives your sins, and I do this because of who I am. I will not hold your sins against you. Isaiah 43:25 (How absolutely fantastic, amazing, and awesome is our God? In fact too fantastic, amazing and awesome)



5 comments

  1. I have not seen this!! Haven't even heard of it, which is surprising. My husband loves to watch movies, so that is something we have come to do a lot of together :) Happy to meet you from The Peony Project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gyal! The commentary?... YASSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha you are hilarious! love the commentary and now i really want to see this film! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Love it. I really want to see this movie, I've always loved the story of Moses. I reallyyyy like the Prince of Egypt. (Also, loved your Instagram takeover today :) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'll be seeing it just because of how inaccurate Noah was. I don't want to be like one of those stingy, everything-has-to-be-perfect kind of people, because it's Hollywood (what can I possibly expect from them?), but I just can't bring myself to buy a movie ticket and support them yet.

    But your commentary was on point! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall