21 October 2014

It's A Beautiful Day Not To Be in High School

The sun is shining. The birds are singing a song of praise, and I'm probably still asleep. Also known as, I'm enjoying this gap year a little too much. And here are 9 reasons why!

Waking up at 6:00 to leave the house at exactly 7:14AM is no longer a thing.

Being on the bus whilst sleep deprived featuring noisy elementary kids is not the life I live.

general emotions regarding high school struggles
Running to Physiology and Anatomy as fast as my 50-kilo messenger bag will take me before the bell rings, is no longer my daily workout.

Looking forward to naps on the bus isn't the highlight of my day anymore.

Leaving the house in SWEATPANTS is literally a thing of the past #callmesweatpantsqueen.

People *cough* freshmen *cough* talking loudly at 7:55AM is no longer my portion.

Being the CEO of the StruggleBus Industries is no longer my full-time occupation.

Phrases like "doing homework on Sunday evenings and "what's due tomorrow" have been temporarily deleted from my dictionary.

MLA format? Works Cited? Who are those? Did they go to school with us?

this is my happy to not be in high school anymore face

Needless to say, I'm so enjoying this gap year! Doing all of my favorite things and seeing where God leads me! Also, there's so much freedom that comes with taking a gap year. Like yo, I can wake up one day and say, you know what, I haven't had a strawberry lemonade from Java in a while.. LET ME JUUUUST.


And then it just kinda..you know.. happens, just like that. On the other hand, time management is a real thing. I'm still learning how to account for time spent. The only reason I'm not running around town doing artsy fartsy things is because I can't drive yet. But LETZ BE REAL. If I could drive, would I be found in the house 24/7? Probably, but I'd also be like..doing brunch and stuff..you know. or nah.

But I'd be lying if I said senior year wasn't the most hilarious, most shenanigan-filled year of high school. I'm so so so grateful for all the experiences and all the amazing teachers that made my high school experience what it was. It was indeed the apex {shout out to AP Literature} of struggle but yea, high school, I'm so over youuu.

*In other news, I did the accent challenge with Korban, which you can check out over here! You can really experience how in shambles and awkward I truly am! Go watch it!*

You may have missed:

Photos of yours truly by Korban Photography

But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and no get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.- Isaiah 40:31

5 comments

  1. I did a gap year after graduating highschool, and I enjoyed it so much! I am glad you are enjoying your gap year, it was fun seeing a little glimpse into your gap year days. :) what kind of artsy fartsy stuff do you like doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That is so wonderful :) You enjoy that gap year girl! College is great, but a gap year is perfect to adjust and prepare for life's future steps ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Felecia! I definitely want to hear about your gap year experience! Right now I'm really into painting stuff as well as sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ms. Natalie! Boy am I glad I chose to do a gap year. It definitely is a great way to adjust, but to also catch a breather! I'm sure college struggles with be 48398292x greater that high school struggles! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did an internship at a church, did some travelling, a bit of writing, and some sewing. I would enjoy seeing some of your sewing and paintings. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall